Awakenings currently employs between fourteen to sixteen employees. Most of the workforce work between fifteen to thirty hours. Because we are a coffee and wine store, we only hire candidates over twenty one years of age. Please find below some key elements regarding Awakenings operating philosophy:
- Management strongly believe that the workforce needs to be knowledgeable, well informed, participative and highly engaged.
- Employees are permanently asked to take initiative, make decisions to allow the store to be run smoothly and efficiently.
- Compensation is 100% performance based. (Higher contribution translates to higher hourly rate).
- Awakenings does not currently offer benefits coverage.
- Awakenings operates under an auto-schedule system where employees schedule themselves.
- Management main responsibility is to provide the right set of resources, ensure proper training and personal development.